Thursday, July 19, 2012

You know you're in the twenty first century when -

You are sitting on the couch watching a list of disease names being loaded into your mobile phone.

Is being aware of how different things are, how I first feel old.  This is not just how things are, it is different, unexpected, noteworthy, ...  More disturbing than a bad knee or bifocals. It is who I am not where I live.

Another beautiful day in paradise.  Tuesday, back from Paris @midnight: exhausted.  Wed@2, J's friend of 50 years and family.  Today, dash to Paul for emergency bread.  Beach, lunch, wine, smoke, relax. The second adolescence.  There is something about not knowing the limits.

Somewhere or time I thought that the difference was between having and making memories.  In adolescence, you make memories.  In old, you have them.  I led a quiet and simple life.  I'll make a few now.

So I hear about Tumblr and think I should check it out and can't figure out how to register.  Is this the facebook-killer, the google-++?   Meanwhile, I do find things there that I am interested by.  Not sure what it is but....


No comments:

Post a Comment